Re: ODBC Error - "Restricted data type attribute violation", code 07006

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 18:05:20 GMT

In article <967505969.895772_at_cachalote.ip.pt>,   "Delio Almeida" <delio_at_student.dei.uc.pt> wrote:
> While acessing an Oracle 8.0.5 database table with 11700 records to a
> CRecordset object it loads about 2500 records rigth and then gives me
 an
> SQL_ERROR from the ODBC Driver (version Oracle ODBC 8.0.58) that
 corresponds
> to 070006 !!?! The error message it returns is - "Restricted data type
> attribute violation". Does anyone knows whats going on ? Im using
 WinNT,
> VC++6.0 SP4, MFC ODBC classes.

Is it possible that there's a funky record in the database at around the 2500th record? Try adding an "order by" to the where clause, then reverse the order clause, see if the error occurs on the 2500th row or on one particular row.

Assuming that the error arises around the 2500th row no matter how the query is executed, can you provide the ODBC trace file for a few operations before the SQL_ERROR?

Justin Cave
Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 13:05:20 CDT