Re: ODBC Error - "Restricted data type attribute violation", code 07006

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 00:51:09 GMT

In article <967505969.895772_at_cachalote.ip.pt>,   "Delio Almeida" <delio_at_student.dei.uc.pt> wrote:
> While acessing an Oracle 8.0.5 database table with 11700 records to a
> CRecordset object it loads about 2500 records rigth and then gives me
 an
> SQL_ERROR from the ODBC Driver (version Oracle ODBC 8.0.58) that
 corresponds
> to 070006 !!?! The error message it returns is - "Restricted data type
> attribute violation". Does anyone knows whats going on ? Im using
 WinNT,
> VC++6.0 SP4, MFC ODBC classes.

Note that another individual at, I believe, the same company posted an almost identical question to the Oracle Technology Network ODBC discussion forum. This customer provided me a test case and I had the opportunity to take a look at this problem and posted a response to the OTN forum.

To access the OTN forums, go to http://technet.oracle.com and select "Discussions" from the navigation bar.

To see this particular thread, go to:
http://technet.oracle.com:89/ubb/Forum52/HTML/000024.html

Unfortunately, OTN uses frames, so you won't have the navigation bar if you follow the above link.

Justin Cave
Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of Oracle corporation

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Aug 30 2000 - 19:51:09 CDT