Re: Linux/FreeBSD Install Ques..

From: <chriss_at_enteract.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 15:14:45 GMT

In article <39AAF25E.7FA0C9CA_at_cska.net>,   Alexander Penev <alex_at_cska.net> wrote:

> > I want to learn Oracle 8i (and Oracle iAS) and also use them for a
 side
> > Internet project I am working on.
> >
> > I currenly have a spare box with an AMD K6-2/266 w/ 96MB RAM that I
> > want to install the Oracle 8i/iAS trial pack on. This will be just
> > initial development and learning (try it on FreeBSD and Linux to see
> > which I prefer - and if I can even get it running on FreeBSD).
> >
> > Speed is not essential as long as it's not dog-slow (win95 w/ 16MB).
> > Can I get away with the K6-2/266 with 96MB RAM? I am building a new
> > Dev box (P3600/256MB) in a few months but would like to hold off and
> > use this for now.
> >

> You need at least 128RAM to install 8i (recommended 256)

Bummer. Thanks for the info though.

Is there a location where I can actually >find< the requirements for Oracle. I have looked on their website (heaven forbid it's in product literature) and also two books - including one dubbed as 'the most comprehensive reference to oracle 8'. I looked at the first few chapters on installing and also in the index and found nothing.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 10:14:45 CDT