Re: HELP... ORA-12560 TNS:protocol adapter error

From: bany1 <kheunc_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 22:43:02 -0400

Tony,
check if the listerner is running:
1. cd ORACLE_HOME\bin
2. lsnrctl status <SID>

if the listner is not running, then startup the listener 1. lsnrctl start

if you are having problem starting up the listener then verify that there are no typo in your tnsnames.ora file

if your listerner is up and running, then try to connect via sqlplus if it is not successfull, then check if the instance is up 1. tnsping <sid>

if it is not up, then startup the instance.

if the instance is up and the listener is up, then you should contact oracle support

Let us know how it turns out.

Best of Luck.