Re: oracle 8iR2 installation problem

From: Wong Yin Yung <lynux_at_netvigator.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2000 17:09:58 GMT

Michal Jankowski <michal_at_anaconda.sycomex.net> wrote:
: Hello everybody.
: I need your help. I spend two days installing oracle and coundn't do
: that.

: I tried to install oracle data base version 8.1.6.1.
: system : Linux mandrake 7.1
: kernel : 2.2.15 (i586)

: I set enviroment, create users and groups, etc
: ...
: When I run installer ( ./runInstaller ) from
: command line (no errors or warnings).
: On my window manager I saw first window of
: installer.
: Everythings fine, but I cannot click buttons in
: bootom line of the window!
: Buttons : 'exit', 'help', 'installed
: products...', 'previous' (grayed), and 'next' don't work (no action)!
: I can only click buttons : 'Deinstall
: Products...' and 'About Oracle Univwersal Installer...'.
: I cannot install the product, because I cannot
: go to the second screen of installer.
: Does anybode have the same problem with
: instalation?

That problem also occurred sometimes. I think that may be some bugs on the installation program. For me, I have to quit the installer, exit that window, open a new window, and run the installer again. Sometimes, it may need to logout the X-window and login again. If the problem still exists, I think you should better use another WM such as fvwm95, gnome ... or you can re-install the JavaVM.

: michal_at_sycomex.net
: Michal Jankowski