Oracle Returns Error When Adding Record To Recordset With ADO

From: Greg Teets <gteets_at_rr.cinci.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 22:43:02 GMT

I am using an ADO object to select records from a table and it works fine.

However, in the next line of the program I try to add a new record as follows:

RSSales.AddNew Array("sym", "name"), Array("TEST", "TESTCO")

When I run the program, the select works fine and then I get the following error when it tries to add the record to the recordset:

"The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider."

Please explain what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance. Received on Sat Aug 26 2000 - 17:43:02 CDT