Re: 8i Listener Problem

From: Peter Köhler <sorrynospammails_at_nodomain.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:44:32 GMT

Hi John,

maybe You try a telnet to port 1521 (or to whatever it is configured) of the server; if there is a connection the listener is running. Another possibility is to use tnsping with a correct tnsnames.ora on the client.

hth

Peter

--
Peter Koehler
DBA in Frankfurt/Germany

John McNamee <myvoice_at_zipworld.com.au> schrieb im Beitrag
<8ntam3$61d$1_at_nina.pacific.net.au>...