8i Listener Problem

From: John McNamee <myvoice_at_zipworld.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 17:40:37 +1000

Hi

I'm having problems with our Linux 8i server.

Software has been installed ok and I can get client connections with a freshly started listener (LSNRCTL start) using the DBA studio client.

Once I disconnect and then attempt to reconnect I get a "Target not found" error. But, if I restart the listener on the server then try to connect again all is fine.

It seems to me that the listener once started waits a certain amount of time and then goes to "sleep" and becomes stale???

If I nmap the server the listener appears on the right port etc so I dont know what's wrong

Any ideas appreciated

John Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 02:40:37 CDT