Re: Database Link Question (For Guru)!

From: Marc Billiet <E.Mail_at_address.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 07:41:08 +0200

You can see what is executed where by investigating the execution plan. As you can see, the following statement is entirely executed on the remote database.

SQL> set autotrace trace
SQL> l
  1 select count(*) from delivery_at_dl_dev1   2*
SQL> / Execution Plan

   0      SELECT STATEMENT (REMOTE) Optimizer=CHOOSE (Cost=32 Card=334
          2)

   1    0   SORT (AGGREGATE)
   2    1     TABLE ACCESS (FULL) OF 'DELIVERY' (Cost=32 Card=3342)
D021.WOR
                                                                       LD

Marc