Re: Database Link Question (For Guru)!

From: Frank <frankbo_at_interaccess.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:09:08 +0200

That's a simple one.
AFAIK, doing joins will kill your network, as all of the remote data is sent over, the join is done locally. Think of introducing views on the remote site - these will be processed remote, and the result set (which will be smaller) sent over the network.

bottom line: it depends on the type of query (but joins are quite common, aren't they?)

hth, frank