Re: TNS cannot connect to destination WHY?

From: Alexander Penev <alex_at_cska.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 21:56:31 GMT

Is the remote machine up? Is the listener running? Is there a network problem?New Firewall configuration? Can you ping the remote machine? Can you telnet the listener (telnet remotemashine 1521 if use the default port) Has the ip adress changed? Have you tried to restart the listener. What is the output of lsnrctl status
There may be hundreds of reasons. Your question is just too general too give a concret answer.
HTH