TNS cannot connect to destination WHY?

From: The NiteFrog.- <nitefrog_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 21:34:10 GMT

Hello All,

We just installed Oracle 8i version 8.1.5. Everything was working fine I could create services names with Easy Config and connect to the remote database no problem.

Now all of a sudden it stopped working I now get TNS unable to connect to destination. Nothing changed on our end but for the life of me I cannot connect but every thing was fine last week!

I cannot even create a service. Now I can connect to the local database but not the remote one.

Now from antother in another city I can connect to the remote database.

What happened? Any ideas? Please help! I dont even know how to fix it. I went through deja and the answers didnt really help.

I am completely stumped.

Thank you all,

Kev.- Received on Thu Aug 17 2000 - 16:34:10 CDT