Re: Oracle configuration for multiple instances

From: <argosy22_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:49:55 GMT

HI,

Thanks for responding.

This looks much like I already have.
Is this listener for two databases on the same instance? Or, for more than two databases, on two instances?

The ORACLE_HOMEs here are exactly the same in each case:
> (ORACLE_HOME = /netsite/database/u01/OraHome1)

I have two ORACLE_HOMEs, one for 734, and one for 805.

Thanks again

In article <399955C7.DB326007_at_webde-ag.de>,   Uwe Schneider <us_at_webde-ag.de> wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > After reading the newsgroups, I only start
> > the 805 listener. The status indicates that all
> > four services are started.
> >
> > If I start the databases as user oracle,
> > using dbstart, they all start alright.
> >
> > However, what I can't do is login to the 734
> > databases. The only way that I can get into
> > the 734 databases is to log onto Unix as a
> > user with the 734 paths in their .profile and:
> >
> > export ORACLE_SID=JUNK
> > (the scott/tiger 734 database)
> >
> > sqlplus
> > username: scott
> > password: tiger
> >
> > I cannot use: sqlplus scott/tiger_at_JUNK
> >
> > So, the problem seems to be in setting up
> > the listener correctly.
> >
> > The interesting thing about the listener is that
> > status will show four service handlers. However,
> > if I stop the listener, and then run the status
> > command, I get error messages for only 2
> > databases.
> >
> > So far, I have identified five files that
> > would potentially need to be modified:
> >
> > in /apps/oracle/product/805/network/admin
> >
> > listener.ora
> > tnsnames.ora
> >
> > in /apps/oracle/product/734/network/admin
> >
> > listener.ora
> > tnsnames.ora
> >
> > /var/opt/oracle/oratab
> > - all databases added here.
> >

> On the server the listener.ora must look like:
>
> LISTENER =
> (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
> (DESCRIPTION =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = dbview)(PORT = 1521))
> )
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))
> )
> )
> )
>
> SID_LIST_LISTENER =
> (SID_LIST =
> (SID_DESC =
> (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
> (ORACLE_HOME = /netsite/database/u01/OraHome1)
> (PROGRAM = extproc)
> )
> (SID_DESC =
> (GLOBAL_DBNAME = pbvSysDB)
> (ORACLE_HOME = /netsite/database/u01/OraHome1)
> (SID_NAME = pbvSysDB)
> )
> (SID_DESC =
> (GLOBAL_DBNAME = pbvDB)
> (ORACLE_HOME = /netsite/database/u01/OraHome1)
> (SID_NAME = pbvDB)
> )
> )
>
> and on the client site you need to have two entries in the
 tnsnames.ora,
> differing only in the SERVICE_NAME field (here: pbvDB and pbvSysDB).
>
> Works good.
>
> Uwe
> --
> Uwe Schneider - WEB.DE AG - Amalienbadstr. 41 - 76227 Karlsruhe
> Forschung & Entwicklung - Tel. (+49) 721 94329 832
> "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 17 2000 - 11:49:55 CDT