Re: Enterprise Manager Console login

From: Kelvin Kirkland <kkirklnd_at_ican.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 22:00:35 GMT

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 01:33:29 GMT, noel.tan_at_usa.net wrote:

Oracle Management Server (OMS) MUST be running in order for OEM console to work.

OMS is a service that is installed. Try the NT services and tell it to start. As noted the default name and password is SYSMAN/oem_temp which you will be prompted to change the very first time you access the console.

We are running Oracle 8.1.6 with OEM 2.1.0. There is a patchset for OEM as well that you may need if you are scheduling jobs to run.

Hope this helps

Kelvin Kirkland

>Good day! I encounter the same problem but in ORACLE 8.1.5 EE: I was
>able to access the Enterprise Manager Console once. After that, I can't
>get in. When I first time to access I used the Administrator as sysman
>and the password as oem_temp. then, I got in. I changed the password.
>After that, I got error message. VTK-1000;unable to connect to
>management server. please verify that you have entered the correct
>name and status of the Oracle Management Server. During the
>installation of ORACLE Enterprise Manager, in Database Configuration
>Assistant. I create a new repository, then in Service I put
>noel:1521:orcl. So, what is my Management Server? Can you please give
>me an advice or tips?
>
> Cheers,
> Noel
>

>In article <qUkm5.14551$IH.522618_at_newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
> "Venkat Kanakam" <venkatkanakam_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I do have the same problem. No matter what ever I try, I could not
 resolve
>> so far.
>>
>> I just installed Oracle 8i 8.1.6 EE, Forms 6i, Reports 6i, Jdeveloper
 3.1. I
>> have bunch of problems. I could not connect Forms and Reports to
 Database,
>> even if I change ORACLE HOME thru' "Home Selector". Some where in the
>> documentation it said Reports 6i can not cionnect to Oracle 8i 8.1.6!!
>>
>> And also I could not access database thru' java programs with latest
 JDBC