Re: Enterprise Manager Console login

From: <noel.tan_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 01:33:29 GMT

Good day! I encounter the same problem but in ORACLE 8.1.5 EE: I was able to access the Enterprise Manager Console once. After that, I can't get in. When I first time to access I used the Administrator as sysman and the password as oem_temp. then, I got in. I changed the password. After that, I got error message. VTK-1000;unable to connect to management server. please verify that you have entered the correct name and status of the Oracle Management Server. During the installation of ORACLE Enterprise Manager, in Database Configuration Assistant. I create a new repository, then in Service I put noel:1521:orcl. So, what is my Management Server? Can you please give me an advice or tips?

 Cheers,
 Noel

In article <qUkm5.14551$IH.522618_at_newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,   "Venkat Kanakam" <venkatkanakam_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do have the same problem. No matter what ever I try, I could not
 resolve
> so far.
>
> I just installed Oracle 8i 8.1.6 EE, Forms 6i, Reports 6i, Jdeveloper
 3.1. I
> have bunch of problems. I could not connect Forms and Reports to
 Database,
> even if I change ORACLE HOME thru' "Home Selector". Some where in the
> documentation it said Reports 6i can not cionnect to Oracle 8i 8.1.6!!
>
> And also I could not access database thru' java programs with latest
 JDBC
> came with trail CD. Only SQL*PLUS works. It took almost 15 HOURS to
 install
> on my PC 366mhz/64mb/10gb , WIN2000.
>
> I have earlier 8.1.5 version where I do not have above problems!!
>
> some thing I am missing. Any pointers?
>
> Thanks
> Venkat
>
> "Dmitriy Temesov" <dat_at_smashcast.com> wrote in message
> > Hello.
> >
> > I just installed the Oracle 8.1.6 Ent. Edition. and trying
> > to run the Enterprise Manager Console. It asks me for
> > the login, password, and host name of the oracle server.
> > When i enter all of the info, and submit - an error message
> > pops-up: "VTK-1000: Unable to connect to the
> > menagement server some_server."
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > DT

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 15 2000 - 20:33:29 CDT