Re: Comparing Objects

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwin_at_dondorp.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 07:46:53 +0200

Mark G wrote:
> Does anyone have any good methods of comparing the objects in one
> development database to those of a production database? Software, scripts,
> etc.
> I want to ensure that the databases are 'synchronized' from an object point
> of view (not data).

I always use a reverse-engineering tool on both databases to generate 2 text
files. I then compare these 2 files using the "diff" program. For reverse-engineering I of course use my own "sqlexp" commandline program.
<http://www.dondorp.com/sqlexp.html>

        Erwin Received on Wed Aug 16 2000 - 00:46:53 CDT