Re: Comparing Objects

From: Mike Charchuk <Mike.Charchuk_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:02:39 -0700

If you just want to know if the same objects are in each of the instances

create a database link to prod
select object_name,object_type from all_objects where owner='X' minus
select object_name,object_type from all_objects_at_prod where owner='X';

Then do
select object_name,object_type from all_objects_at_prod where owner='X' minus
select object_name,object_type from all_objects where owner='X';

This won't tell you if a package,procedure, function is the correct version or if the columns in a table or view are all the same. That would require a bit more work. There are a number of software packages from Oracle and other vendors that compare database objects but I haven't used any of them.

Mike