Re: Large number of Tablespaces 8.1.6

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 05:11:03 +0100

Valid point.

I'm just not keen on extremely large tablespaces. The 32Gb is an artificially limit based on the fact fact that I want to build a historical read-only library with one tablespace per DLT - and I want to GUARANTEE that a tablespace will always fit on a DLT.

PS If I had a table over 50Gb, I would partition it.

--

Jonathan Lewis