Re: SQL*Plus connection Problem (ORA-01034)

From: Andrew Mobbs <andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 16 Aug 2000 00:52:50 +0100 (BST)

Alain =?iso-8859-1?Q?L=E9glise?= Consultant

>As I write, the ORACLE_SID has been set correctly... And I can access the
>database via my local network, so tnsnames.ora is also set correctly...
>I know about this parameters, that's why I send my question...
>Thanks anyway.

Is TWO_TASK set? it shouldn't be.

Is the oracle binary setuid oracle? Is the filesystem with the oracle binary mounted to allow setuid?

Is ORACLE_HOME pointing at the real directory, not a symlink?

--
Andrew Mobbs - andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk
             - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~andrewm/