Access Exclusive locking inOracle

From: Pratul <pratulkhulbeNOprSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:54:50 -0700

I want to do an access exclusive lock in Oracle. I have a timer application which needs to pull record from a database table with some status (say 100) (Status is a column in the my table).
But processing these records takes a lot of time.So the Timer application spawns one more process to pull the newly arrived records. This process needs to pull only the fresh records not the one which are being processed.

How do I achieve this type of locking in Oracle. If I lock the records using
SELECT FOR UPDATE only one process can use these records!!

Is it possible in Oracle??

Thanks