Multiplexing Datafiles?

From: Rob Jolliffe <rjolliffe_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/12

Hi,

I'm just beginning to learn Oracle, and I was reviewing some Email regarding Raid5 vs Raid0 performance. It seems Raid 0 is significantly better for performance - but you lose the redundancy of Raid 5 (or even Raid 1).

I was trying to also determine if in a data tablespace it is possible to multiplex (mirror) datafiles the same way you can with a Redo log group. I was totally unable to determine if you are or are not.

Can anyone tell me? I know you can stripe tablespaces - but can you mirror them? Perhaps this requires creating two tablespaces and somehow matching them?

Thanks very much

-Rob

From the desk of Rob Jolliffe

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Aug 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT