Re: ODBC Date/Time Problem

From: Seajay <seajaysNOseSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/08/11

"Rognvald Bjarne" <wear_u_out_at_nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>"Seajay" <seajaysNOseSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> I currently send a date to a stored procedure in Oracle using
>> the ODBC date format:
>>
>> {ts '2000-08-10 12:14:00'}
>>
>> Unfortunately when it 'gets there' Oracle is only storing the
>> Date part and not the Time in the database. I've used an
 output
>> parameter on the stored procedure to display exactly what the
>> input parameter was that Oracle received and it just comes
 back
>> as:
>>
>> 10-Aug-00
>>
>> So it looks as if the time may be being lost in transfer by
>> ODBC. Or is it? Anyone have any suggestions?
>
>Could be the NLS_DATE_FORMAT parm for the db instance;
>
>try to_date(<column_name>,'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss') and see if it
 comes up all
>zeroes after the dd.

No it's definitely zeros - you can view the table directly and see the zero's there. Plus you can manually enter times into the table, so when you view it you can see the 'automatic' entries with zero's and manual ones with the times displayed correctly.

email: seajays_at_hotmail.com
web: www.mufasa.freeserve.co.uk

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Fri Aug 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT