Re: newbie.errors on database connection ORA-1157,ORA-01034

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/08/07

Check for the alrt<sid>.log file. If you didn't change the background_dump_dest parameter it should show up in %RDBMS80%\trace. It will contain more specific error info, including the file that went wrong.
Question: where did you dig up that piece of obsolete software? 8.0.4 has been desupported and 8.0.5 too, 8.0.6 being the current version. However, at OTN you can only download 8i nowadays.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA