When to use offline vs. offline drop

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_i84.net>
Date: 2000/08/07

I'm a little confused about using offline vs. offline drop. They are used for bringing a crippled database online only.. correct? Even though they sound like nifty ways to get rid of empty files.. they are not..
So.. if I am bringing up a database with say, a tablespace with 5 files in it, 3 of which are plastered... why would I use offline, vs offline drop, vs just plain drop...
What are the implications of each?

Thanks in advance,
Dc. Received on Mon Aug 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT