Re: doubt about sga query

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: 2000/08/07

Hello Chiappa,

The log buffer consists internally of blocks. The log block size is platform dependent, but you can get a list of the common sizes in my web tip on "Why Raw Logfiles". For each block of the log buffer a header is needed in the variable area of the shared pool. The second entry in V$SGASTAT represents those headers. However, this will not be seen on all platforms, because what is shown in V$SGASTAT, and what gets bundled into 'miscellaneous' is quite variable.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/