Re: How difficult is OCP DBA exam 1: Introduction to PL/SQL?

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powellNOmaSPAM_at_eds.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/08/06

gmei_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>Hi:
>
>To the people who recently took OCP DBA Exam1: Introduction to
 PL/SQL,
>How difficult it is?
>
>I have Michael Ault's "EXAM CRAM" Book, Couchman's "EXAM GUIDE"
 and also
>SelfTest's CD with 302 questions. And I understand most of them.
>
>But someone who took the exam before said the real test
 questions are
>more difficult than these, like a level higher. Is it true? I
 have never
>taken any exam yet and I thought (and guess) the difficult level
 should
>be similar to SelfTest's practice questions (on CD).
>
>Any response will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Guang

1) The first test is mostly SQL with very little pl/sql; it is NOT difficult if you can write basic selects with subqueries, simple joins, and understand most of the common basic DDL commands. The Basic SQL and PL/SQL examination is probably the easiest test in the series.

2) The real tests may be harder than the sample questions but I found the test questions to be much easier than some of the sample tests and preparation material I have run accross or heard about in that the test questions are usually fairly clear on what they are asking and in what circumstances the answer should fit while this is often not true for the other material.

If you are DBA material then you will be fine as long as you prepare.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Sun Aug 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT