Re: utl_file

From: Markus Schwabe <mschwabe_at_gscout.de>
Date: 2000/08/04

Hi,

utl_file is not a procedure, but a PL/SQL-Package.

Excerpt from the docu:

The UTL_FILE package lets your PL/SQL programs read and write operating system (OS) text files. It provides a restricted version of standard OS stream file input/output (I/O).

You can find the docu on
"Oracle8i Supplied PL/SQL Packages Reference" under
"Oracle8i Server and Data Warehousing, Release 8.1.6". on your Docu-CD

On my Drive:
D:\OraDoc\doc\server.816\a76936\toc.htm

Hth,
Markus