Re: Oracle8i on NT Wrkst: How to create a default Service?

From: Luis Octavio de Urioste <tavo_at_gulf.net>
Date: 2000/08/02

This happens because you are using the Bequeath protocol on the local machine and when you only have one instance it picks it up as the default, but when you have more than one you have to specify the instance. You can set a Local string_value entry in your registry given it the value of the instance you want to be default.

Good Luck

Tavo