Re: Performance with synonyms???

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/08/02

Douglas Scott wrote:

> Is there a performance hit if you use all public synonyms for a schema's
> objects vs fully qualifying the schema's object? Example: if I want to
> query from the emp table in the scott schema is it better to select from
> scott.emp or just emp where there is a public synonym defined as
> scott.emp. I was told there was back in the old days (Oracle version
> 5).
>
> Douglas Scott

There is a performance impact but I've never seen it to be a significant unless the db had other problems (like high parsing) anyway...

http://www.oracledba.co.uk/tips/synonyms_solved.htm

may be of some help...

Cheers

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse