Re: Export/Import

From: Ethan Post <epost1NOepSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/08/01

Tim..this is actually a pretty common problem, if you search deja.com archives you may find more than I can tell you. You will also find docs on this at metalink and maybe technet. Anyway most of the time the solution is to use the 8.1.6 export utility to export your data from the 7.3 database and the import it. My memory is a little weak here but i think you need to add a entry to your tnsnames file that points to the 7.3 instance then you can connect to it from the 8.1.6 export utility as follows

exp user/pass_at_Instance file=........

Make sure you find some more info to back this up before you try it but pretty sure that is the problem. Also make sure you ftp in binary mode.

-Ethan

http://www.gnumetrics.com (Free Web Based Performance Monitoring Tool)

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Tue Aug 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT