Re: export/import

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powellNOmaSPAM_at_eds.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/08/02

marc bautis <bautisma_at_bigfoot.com> wrote:
>I performed a full export/import on a database. What is the
 best way
>to test that the database I imported to is the same as the one I
>exported from?
>
>Thanks,
>Marc

The best way is debatable, but one way would be to run a query or series of queries that counted objects by owner so you could compare the counts to be sure no object was lost:

UT1> select owner, object_type, count(*)   2 from sys.dba_objects
  3 group by owner, object_type
  4 /

OWNER                          OBJECT_TYPE       COUNT(*)
------------------------------ --------------- ----------
DBSNMP                         SYNONYM                  4
DDCEDI                         INDEX                    1
DDCEDI                         SEQUENCE                 1
DDCEDI                         TABLE                   14
ECO_IRM                        SYNONYM                 19
ECO_IRM                        TABLE                   21
EDSJIT                         INDEX                  484
EDSJIT                         PROCEDURE                2
EDSJIT                         SEQUENCE                 5

I would advise excluding SYS since the number of sys owned objects will vary by release. If the two high level reports match you are OK, but it not you may want to have a series of reports by owner, object name to use to locate missing objects. I would recommend you count table triggers and constraints.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Wed Aug 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT