Re: Backup and Shutdown hlep!!

From: Russ Braaten <russ_braaten_at_fmo.com>
Date: 2000/07/28

We tried to use the service shutdown in a batch file and using WinAT...but the database would do a crash recovery when started back up. We didn't understand the problem until we needed to restore from the backup and discovered serious problems. We also tried the registry setting suggested, and found that it did not stop the crash recovery from happening. Now we use the following "stop.cmd" and "start.cmd" files, scheduled using WinAT. Works great.

Stop.cmd

C:\ORANT\BIN\ORADIM73 -SHUTDOWN -SID {SID} -USRPWD {password} SRVC,INST -SHUTMODE i
net stop OracleTNSListener /y
(the password should be the password for the "internal" user)

Start.cmd

net start OracleStart{SID} /y
net start OracleTNSListener /y

Good Luck,
Russ Braaten

"Steve" <schen_at_prodigy.net> wrote in message news:8llbnt$c0i$1_at_newssvr05-en0.news.prodigy.com...
> I would like to get help about what the options are for NT platformed
 Oracle