Creating Datafile With Oracle 8 Enterprise

From: Gary7770 <gary7770_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/07/24

Under Oracle 7.3 I was able to create a 30 gig datafile with no problem.

Under Oracle 8, if I try to create anything more than a couple of gigs (3 to be exact) I am getting the error message:

"Database File 8 failed verification check"
"Data File 8 D:\abdat4"
"Actual Filesize of 1998848 is smaller than correct size of 4096000 blocks"

The Oracle documentation on this is vague at best. This error appeared during the creation of the datafile. Yes there is enough space on the hard drive for these operations.

Thanks in advance for your time,
Gary Received on Mon Jul 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT