Re: Logging SQL syntax errors?

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/07/20

 MyPost> A developer asked me if there was a way to turn on
 MyPost> logging for Oracle so that we can see what SQL was sent
 MyPost> to the server (not what is executing)?  It is basically
 MyPost> to track what SQL caused a syntax error.  I told him I
 MyPost> don't think so.  It is up to the developer to know what
 MyPost> SQL he is sending along. (It was actually toplink
 MyPost> generating SQL that then caused a syntax error, and I
 MyPost> told him he needed to get toplink to log that.)

 MyPost> Anyways, can we do this somehow.  It seems that we would
 MyPost> be asking Oracle to write way more Ascii text than it
 MyPost> would want to. I'm thinking that we could turn this on  MyPost> at the jdbc level though.

Tracing needs to be used more often. I will look into it.

--
Galen Boyer
Database Architect