Logging SQL syntax errors?

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/07/20

A developer asked me if there was a way to turn on logging for Oracle so that we can see what SQL was sent to the server (not what is executing)? It is basically to track what SQL caused a syntax error. I told him I don't think so. It is up to the developer to know what SQL he is sending along. (It was actually toplink generating SQL that then caused a syntax error, and I told him he needed to get toplink to log that.)

Anyways, can we do this somehow. It seems that we would be asking Oracle to write way more Ascii text than it would want to. I'm thinking that we could turn this on at the jdbc level though.

--
Galen Boyer
Database Architect