Re: Connect Internal without Password

From: bm lam <mailbox_at_online.de>
Date: 2000/07/20

I can connect internal without a password. Below is the a display of all the relevant parameters, at least I think. The command "host id" shows that the unix user needs to be in the owner group of the Oracle software.

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.2 - Production With the Partitioning and Java options
PL/SQL Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production

SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected.
SVRMGR> show parameter authen

NAME                                TYPE    VALUE

----------------------------------- -------
remote_os_authent boolean FALSE SVRMGR> show parameter password NAME TYPE VALUE
remote_login_passwordfile string NONE
SVRMGR> host id
uid=503(dba) gid=500(osdba) groups=500(osdba) SVRMGR>
--
To reply to me via email, please substitute the text no_spam with
mailbox in the return address.