Re: Connect Internal without Password

From: Ushkalo Igor <igorus_at_protek.ru>
Date: 2000/07/20

cherryfh_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> I am trying to remember how you set up a backup
> process to be able to connect to the database,
> shut it down, back it up, and restart it. It
> seems that there are a couple of parameters that
> I have to change to be able to connect internal
> without a password. Can anyone help me?

Use oracle ORAPWD utility to change password in orapw<SID>:

$ orapwd

  where
    file - name of password file (mand),     password - password for SYS and INTERNAL (mand),     entries - maximum number of distinct DBA and OPERs (opt),   There are no spaces around the equal-to (=) character. $ pwd
/d_ora_sys/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/dbs
$ l

-rw-r--r--    1 oracle   dba             447 May 11 21:12 configORD.ora
-rw-r--r--    1 oracle   dba            1075 Jun  2 17:19 initORD.ora
-rwSr-----    1 oracle   dba            1536 Jul 20 09:14 orapwORD
$