Sql limit using Pre-Compilers??

From: Douglas Scott <dsscott_at_ev1.net>
Date: 2000/07/15

Does anyone know if there is a limit for how long a SQL statement can be in an Oracle Pro*Fortran program???

We're using Pro*Fortran 1.6.6 and one of my programmers has a SQL that is composed of several unions. The program was working fine until he needed to add another union statement to the SQL and now it gets a runtime error (compiles ok). When we looked at the Fortran code that was generated by the precompiler the SQL statement appeared to be cut off. The precompiler seemed to break up the SQL statement into 2 Fortran data statements of 1266 & 1254 characters each. We removed some of the spaces in the SQL statement that made the statement more readable in an attempt to make the statement smaller but then the precompiler only created 1 Fortran data statement and cut off even more of the SQL statement. Anyone got a clue what is going on?

Douglas Scott Received on Sat Jul 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT