Re: MS SQL server VS Oracle

From: Jay M. Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpoff_nospm_law.com>
Date: 2000/07/06

Don't get too excited about 3 million rows. You could almost do that in MS Access. You wouldn't want to, but you could. What are you doing with this database- transaction processing, data warehousing? What interface do you want to it- web, VB application, client/server with C or Java? You need to know the answers to these questions first.

On Thu, 06 Jul 2000 02:16:48 -0700, Tay
<tayyyNOtaSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>Dear All
>
>My company is about to purchase one of the following product
>mention. Most of us suggested using oracle due to the larger
>number of record we expect to store(3 million). The other
>side(ms sql side) say SQL is also capable to store that kind of
>number.Now management is asking, how do we justify getting Oracle
>compare to a much cheaper MS SQL?
>Was wondering whether anybody who is familiar in this 2 product
>know what are the advantages and disadvantages of this 2 product.
>maybe in terms of feature, performance, resilience.
>We were thinking of using he Unix version of oracle if we manage
>to persuade management.

>Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
>Up to 100 minutes free!
>http://www.keen.com

Jay M. Scheiner
Programmer/Analyst
Wolpoff & Abramson, LLP
remove _nospm_ from email address
Opinions are my own only! Received on Thu Jul 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT