Re: Error ORA-03121 with Oracle 8.0.4

From: <pebibit_at_pebibit.com>
Date: 2000/07/05

In article <8jtg3a$6t2$1_at_reader1.imaginet.fr>,   "Cédric AVENAS" <cedric.avenas_at_ad6.com> wrote:
> I'm installing the Oracle 8.0.4 client on 6 NT Workstations (SP5). All
 is OK
> for the 6 workstations.
> When I use Net8 Easy Config, it's OK for 5 stations. But there is one
 for
> which the net8 easy config tool terminate in a bad way (Watson
 Doctor), when
> I try to test the service.
> If I configure the TNSNAMES.ORA directly with notepad, I can use
 sqlplus
> with the user/password_at_service. But when I try to access this service
 with
> my client application (which works good on the 5 others workstations)
 I have
> the ORA-03121 Error, which means that the net8 driver is not loaded
> efficiently. I've tried to reinstall the client but it'also the same
 way.

> What I'm doing wrong?
> Thanks...

Try to find SQLNET.ORA .
This little file is more important than tnsnames.ora In SQLnet.ora you define what protocols you gonna use, what type of name resolution and so on.

Try to rename this file, because oracle will use the default name resolution methode: TNSNAMES.ORA
(so hard core hacking the oracle net params is tricky) USE EASY-net !!

CU

Joerg
pebibit_at_pebibit.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jul 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT