Re: beginner question

From: <sybrandb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/30

In article <395C964F.167CE369_at_gengenp.rug.ac.be>,   ivo zaenen <ivzae_at_gengenp.rug.ac.be> wrote:
> Can somebody tell me what I have to do grant SYSDBA or SYSOPER to a
> user (myuser)
>
> grant SYSDBA to myuser
>
> gives me the error 01031:insufficient privileges
>
> I am logged on as SYS/change_on_install. My idea was I had enough
 rights
> to do this grant.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ivo Zaenen.

First of all, you need to have setup a password file. As you don´t mention your platform and this procedure is platform and version specific dependent, I´m not going to outline the details. Either use the oradim utility (NT) or orapwd (unix) Secondly, the init<sid>.ora parameter remote_login_passwordfile needs to be set to exclusive to allow other users than SYS and internal to receive SYSDBA privilege. Edit the file, bounce the database and it should work

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

All standard disclaimers apply

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/