Restoring old Oracle6 db (unix aix3.2) URGENT...

From: Mehul Zaveri <mehulzaveri_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/06/29

Dear friends,
I am not able to start one very old Oracle6 DB restored recently. This is due to the mismatches in data files (files were (cold) backed up at different dates)
I understand that it is impossible in normal cases. Is there any method (documented/undocumentd) to force the start (let some objects be in unpredicatble state!)
Can we do some bytes changed in header of datafiles / controlfiles to make them sync to system.dbf or something like that.

Appreciate if somebody can highlight! I am really in big trouble.

Mehul. Received on Thu Jun 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT