Re: End-of-file on communication channel...

From: Neil Cudd <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/06/27

I've had problems with database links if one of the database systems does not have the Distributed database option installed, even if you are not running distributed transactions. Apparently this is a known problem (at least it was with V7.3.4). Installing the Dist. DB option fixed it.

as a p.s. I always try setting the TWO_TASK variable to <sid> when I get the eof on comm channel - may work ...

hth
Neil C.