Re: Can anyone rescue my 8.1.5/linux installation ?

From: <praveen_at_royal.net>
Date: 2000/06/27

 Problem Description

 You are trying to relink, or start an executable that links in  ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.so. After issuing the make  command, you get:

   O_H/lib/libclntsh.so: Undefined reference to nnflboot

 If you are trying to run an executable, you get:

   <executable_name>: error in loading shared libraries:    O_H/lib/libclntsh.so.8.0:
   undefined symbol: nnflboot

 Solution Description

 Comment out the following lines (157-162)in O_H/bin/gennfgt:

 157 #if [ "$NNFGUSELDAPLIB" = "true" ]

     158 #then
     159 #echo '
     160 # { (char *) "LDAP"  , nnflboot, (char *) "_nnflboot", (char *)
"nnfl"
 },
     161 #'
     162 #fi

 Then run the following:

 cd O_H/lib
 gennfgt > good_nnfgt.c
 gcc -c -o nnfgt.o good_nnfgt.c
 rm good_nnfgt.c
 ar cr libn8.a nnfgt.o
 genclntsh
 relink all

 Explanation

 The script O_H/bin/gennfgt creates the C-sources for nnfgt.o,  which contains that undefined symbol (nnfgt.o is in libn8.a). The script checks what libraries are available and also checks for and  finds libldapclnt8.a. Now it adds a call to nnflboot to the  C-file, because it has found LDAP-support - but the libnldap8.a, where this funtion is supposed to be defined, is size 0.

In article <3953EBD8.99E2142A_at_yahoo.co.uk>,   Steve Blomeley <steveblomeley_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The story so far...
>
> Installed 8.1.5 onto SuSE linux 6.2 - OK
> Applied the patch 8.1.5.0.2 - OK
> Created a database and started it up - OK
>
> Then I realised that ProC precompile wasn't installed, so I went back
> into the Oracle Installer and installed Oracle Programmer 8.1.5.0.0
> this seemed to go OK (I got a proc executable in ORACLE_HOME/bin etc),
> but now my database no longer works (ARGH!). For instance, if I fire
 up
> SVRMGRL I get the following error message:
>
> svrmgrl: error in loading shared libraries:
> /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.5/lib/libclntsh.so.8.0: undefined symbol:
> nnflboot
>
> In fact I get pretty much the same error whatever I try to run
>
> Any ideas? Is there a post-install step that I've missed? Or do I need
> to go back to square 1 and reinstall the lot (but in a different
 order)?

> Ta,
> Steve

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT