8i R2 on Linux (RH6.2) and the Java System

From: Kirt Thomas <kirtt_at_espresso.org>
Date: 2000/06/14

I've installed 8i (8.1.6) on Red Hat 6.2 - and have run into a bit of a problem creating a new db. I rolled thru the dbassist gui (blech), and told it to save the create scripts. After reading thru them I let go and let them run.

At the point where the initjvm.sql is called, the system apparently hung. I let it go for a few hours, and then said screw it, bounced the box, and then ran the other scripts (everything but the javaSID.sh), and the db was created, and everything appears to be fine.

So, I go back and burst the intijvm.sql, and find the problem statement to be the 'create or replace java system' - soooo, I bounce the box, make sure I don't have a damned gnome login window running :), then start the db, and thru svrmgrl exec the command.

This ran for 2 days, which I think is excessive :) So, does anyone have anything on this? I'm running on only 128mb of RAM, but am thinking that this should be enough even if thin. Thanks.

--
                  Kirt Thomas    *    kirtt_at_espresso.org
    "Eagles may soar,  but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"