Re: 8i R2 on Linux (RH6.2) and the Java System

From: <merritt_at_yourhost.yourdomain.com>
Date: 2000/06/24

I was able to install the JVM on a 128MB machine only by:

  1. Shutting down all unnecessary processes on the machine - EVERYTHING not needed to just log in and run oracle
  2. Creating HUGE swapfiles - I think I had about 1GB

Make sure your java pool is 50M or more - check the file $ORACLE_HOME/javavm/doc/readme.txt for details.

In my case, installation took less than an hour.

Once JVM is installed, you can put things back to normal.