Re: The cardinality of tablespace and datafile

From: akolk - gelrevision.nl <akolk_at_gelrevision.nl>
Date: 2000/06/08

It is not wise to dedicate disks for certain functions. The best and simplest thing to do is stripe over as many disks as you can .....

Point 2 is old and has never been true and can really hurt performance/throughput of your database

Also remember Databases is about disks/IOs not number of files ! (1 disk with 10 files or 1 file will perform as bad).

Waiting for replies ;-)

Anjo.