Re: Standby database question?

From: Yangbo He <yhe_at_attglobal.net>
Date: 2000/06/06

I had same problem, we are using 8.0.3.0.0 on HP-UX 10.2. I called Oracle, and I did follow the steps. but when I ran the "recover standby database",
I always get error " system01.dbf" need more recovery. the requested archived log file is in the correct path!

My situation is:

Saturday night, I shut down the production db, make a cold backup, transfer all oracle related files including Oracle software to another machine, this is an exact copy of whole machine except IP.

I open the database to test if it works.( this is the only different from the Oracle Document).

then I follow the steps to create Standby database and recover failed.

what is the problem?

Thanks in advanced.

spencer wrote:

> a standby database normally runs in recovery mode, and does
> not require you to "manual recover the redo logs". you have to
> cancel the recovery to take the db out of "standby" mode.
>
> the members of the newsgroup will need more info in order to
> "debug" your problem...
>
> operating system and version
> oracle database edition and version
> svrmgr statements you are using
> error messages you are gettin
>
> "Erwin Dondorp" <erwindon_at_wxs.nl> wrote in message
> > Sqljames wrote:
> > > Does anyone know of any bugs within Oracle's standby
 database. I am able to