Re: SQL Loader

From: DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2000/06/06

Here's an example (all on one command line although it will probably word-wrap here):-

D:\orant\BIN>sqlldr80.exe userid=scott/tiger_at_TEST_TCPIP.world control=d:\orant\data_imports\import.ctl log=d:\orant\data_imports\try_1.log

'userid' is the part your interested in.

Replace scott/tiger with the username/password you require.

Then replace TEST_TCPIP.world with whatever 'Connect String' should be.

(In SQL*Plus (GUI version), 'Host String' really means 'Connect String')

You may or may not need to add the .world (it depends what your client has been set up with for the default domain).

N.B. Connect String should refer to a section in your local Tnsnames.ora file [drive]:\[orant or orawin95]\Net80\Admin\ .

This section of your Tnsnames.ora file should in turn refer to the remote server by name or e.g. IP number, and should also specify the protocol with which to connect, and the instance name to which you want to connect.

David P. OCP (DBA) MCP (TCP/IP)

Glasgow, Scotland.