info. on Oracle 8.05 partitioning

From: Gopal <gopal_at_typhoon.ocis.temple.edu>
Date: 2000/06/01

I have a 'huge'database in Oralce 8.05. Many of my tables are huge. I want to try partitioning mainly to improve query performance. I would like to get some feedback on how partitioning can improve on query performance in a DSS oriented environment. Any info. on how the optimizer deals with partitions, local bitmapped indices (both prefixed and non-prefixed) is welcome.
I would also like to read up on the topic.

please email me at gopal_rajagopal_at_merck.com.

Thank You

Regards
Gopal Received on Thu Jun 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT